Vacuum before steam cleaning
Carpet steamers (also known as carpet shampooers) aren’t vacuums. They’re specifically designed to wash and at least partially dry carpets, extracting grime as they go. If you want them to get the ground-in dirt out of your carpet, you must vacuum thoroughly before steam cleaning. That doesn’t mean your usual quick back-and-forth over the carpet, either.
Knowing how to vacuum properly is the first step to getting your carpet truly clean. To do this, you need to follow a few extra steps.
1. Pick up all toys, books and other items on the floor.
2. Remove your furniture or, at the very least, pick up smaller pieces (floor lamps, ottomans, etc.) and take them to another room.
3. Dust your baseboards so you’re not just knocking stuff off of them and back on to your freshly-vacuumed carpet.
4. Use your crevice attachment around the base of the walls and any remaining furniture.
7. Vacuum carpeting in two directions, first slowly in one direction then again from a 90-degree angle. Although this seems like overkill, carpet fibers are actually twisted so vacuuming from different directions ensures each “side” of the fiber gets cleaned.
How Often To Steam Clean Carpet?
At a minimum, you need to steam clean your carpeting once a year. If you have pets, suffer from allergies, or wear shoes indoors then you’ll want to steam clean your carpet more often. Late Spring and Autumn are good times to steam clean carpeting since the weather is typically warm enough that you can open windows to speed the drying process. For the best results please call Choice Care Carpet Care Hinesville Ga. @912-368-7337. Upholstery Cleaning?