If your furniture has removable covers, then it's easy to wash them – just check the care label and then you can usually pop them in the washing machine with a good quality detergent like Persil small & mighty. You may also be able to use diluted laundry detergent to spot-clean upholstered furniture – but remember to not saturate the material. There should be no need to go out and buy any new products!
Which Upholstery Cleaning Products Should I Use?
You can buy upholstery cleaning products from most stores, but there are other products that you can find around the home that will also help to get your sofas and chairs clean.
- Mild laundry detergent and warm water, mixed well to create suds.
- White vinegar: This is a good choice for removing surface stains, but you’ll want to use a soapy solution afterwards to give the area an intensive clean. You’ll also want to air the sofa as much as possible afterwards by opening windows or by using a fan to help reduce the smell of the vinegar.
- Baby wipes are ideal for spot-cleaning upholstery. They’re very gentle, so they won’t damage the material, and they’re relatively dry, so there’s no chance of over-saturating your furniture.
- Clean up surface stains as soon as possible. Fresh stains are always easier to lift off – keeping a clean sofa will always reduce the time spent carrying out intensive, deep cleaning treatments.
- Vacuum your sofas and chairs at least once a week to keep dust and dirt to a minimum and prevent grime from becoming ground in with constant use.
- If any parts of the sofa or chair are removable, make sure to wash them regularly. A handy hint is to replace covers while they are still slightly damp, so they can dry around the shape of the sofa. For Great service, please call Choice Care @ 912-354-3067 Savannah Ga.😉