To successfully deodorize your carpets, it is essential to find and remove the source of the odor rather than mask the smells with air fresheners and carpet powder. Most carpet deodorizing products found at the store are designed to use a pleasing smell that overpowers the foul carpet smell, but does not remove the source of odor which will continue to make a repeat performance.
- Treat the source of the odor. If your carpet has recently been stained by pet urine, food, mildew, vomit, or mold, you must treat the stain to permanently remove all traces of odor-causing matter. Organic matter, such as food, decays and gives off molecules that create the unpleasant odor invading your home.
- Mold and mildew have distinct odors that make their presence known. If your carpet has recently gotten wet, is subjected to a lot of humidity, or did not properly dry after shampooing, mildew or mold is probably your problem with smell. Consider using a vapor steam cleaner, which uses high-heat, dry steam and kills mold and mildew on contact. Vapor steam also dries in about 15 minutes, which is not enough time for mold or mildew to form.
- Deep clean your carpets at least once a year to remove embedded dirt and built-up grime. Large households or carpets with high-traffic should be deep cleaned more frequently. You can choose to use a hot water extractor, which forces hot water and cleaning solution deep into your carpets, or vapor steam cleaning, which uses just tap water heated up to 250 to 280 degrees to loosen up contaminants and draw the to the surface.
- When deep cleaning carpets, choose a time during the year when you can leave the windows in your house open to allow for ventilation. Otherwise, your carpets could stay damp for too long, inviting mold and mildew to return.
- Hire Choicecare Carpet Care professionals who uses Seal of Approval products and equipment to deep clean your carpets and remove the source of your carpet’s odors. An experienced carpet cleaning professional will be trained in deodorizing carpet and will know which cleaning method to recommend for your carpet. For appointments please call us at 912-354-3067. Savannah GA. Carpet Cleaning