One of the most important ways that professional carpet-cleaning companies are able to shampoo fibers with an environmentally friendly process is by using the best equipment. Only industrial-grade shampooing machines can remove stains, embedded debris and foul odors from carpets before extracting the moisture and cleansers to leave carpets as dry as possible. Instead of saturating a home’s carpets with water that might cause the backing to shrink, degrade or develop mildew, choose a company that uses steam cleaning or hot extraction methods. With an extraction process, a carpet-shampooing machine sprays a carpet’s fibers with a combination of hot water and gentle cleansers that lifts debris immediately before suctioning the dirty water. Rather than having a wet carpet surface, the fibers are almost dry, soft and comfortable to walk on.
You should have a building’s wall-to-wall carpets cleaned occasionally in order to help the fibers last longer. When there is debris on the surface of carpets, it begins to trickle down to bottom of the fibers along the underlying matting. Shampooing carpets on your own is a time-consuming and strenuous chore that involves moving furniture and appliances, but professional technicians can complete the job quickly. You won’t risk an injury to your back or waste a day renting equipment and moving heavy items in order to remove pet stains, household dust and other debris from a home’s carpets.
• Urine – removed with a solution of vinegar and water
• Hard waste – application of detergent before deodorizing with baking soda and vinegar
• Dried food – soften debris with specialized cleanser before dabbing with a soft cloth
• Beverages – apply detergent or club soda to lift stains from carpet fibers
• Tar – mixture of warm water and detergent to soften and lift the debris
• Paint – blot or scrape away the paint before cleaning with detergent
• Makeup – mild detergent, hydrogen peroxide or nail polish remover
• Grass – mixture of ammonia and water 💦